Flow Chart of Visitor Visa Application
Information on Republic of China Visitor Visas
|Eligible Persons||Foreign nationals, who hold ordinary passports or other legal travel documents and who intend to stay in Taiwan for no more than six months for the purposes of transit; tour; visit relatives; undertake visits; undertake inspection tours; attend international conferences; conduct business; pursue short-term study; undertake short-term employment; undertake short-term missionary work; and engage in other activities in the ROC as approved by MOFA..|
|Duration of stay||
|Remarks||Visitor Visa holders who are permitted to stay in Taiwan for sixty or ninety days and whose visas bear no such remark as "no extension will be granted" may apply at local service centers of the National Immigration Agency for a maximum of 120 or 90 days of extensions.|
Procedures for Nationals of the Designated Countries Applying for Visitor Visas to the Republic of China（R.O.C.）
- India (Identity Certificate)
- Sri Lanka
- Nationals of the designated countries may apply for the R.O.C. visitor visas for the following purposes：
- Invited by the Republic of China (R.O.C.) government agencies on official missions.
- Participating in international meetings or activities for the purposes of religious, athletic, or cultural exchange, which are held by the organizations set up in the R.O.C.
- Visiting dependents with legal residence status in the R.O.C., including spouse, family members of lineal relationship, or siblings.
- Conducting economic or commercial businesses.（including accompanied spouse and children）.
- Crew members intending to come to the R.O.C. to report for duty.
- Medical treatment.
- Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must submit their application at the designated overseas missions：
- Burma/Myanmar (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand )
- Nepal (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in New Delhi)
- India (Identity Certificate) (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in NewDelhi)
- Nigeria (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria )
- Ghana (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria )
- Nationals from the following countries are obliged to obtain a Guarantee from their sponsors in Taiwan：
- Burma/Myanmar（The visa applicants are obliged to obtain a Guarantee from their sponsors in Taiwan and then submit it together with other required documents of visa application to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand）
- As for other particular cases of visa application from the designated countries, the overseas missions of the R.O.C. might request a Guarantee from the applicant’s sponsor in Taiwan if necessary.
- For visa applicants of the designated countries who intend to come to the R.O.C. to conduct economic and commercial businesses, their sponsors in the R.O.C. may submit relevant documents together with a cable fee（50 NT dollars each）to this Bureau (Counter Nos.31～33, 3rd floor) . After examination, this Bureau will notify the designated R.O.C. foreign mission. The mission will then review other necessary documents submitted by the visa applicants in person, give an interview and make a final decision in the case.
- According to Article 12 of Statute Governing Issuance of ROC Visa in Foreign Passports, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of the R.O.C. or ROC overseas missions are not required to give any reason to a visa applicant for refusal.
- he forms of visa application and Guarantee can be downloaded from the Bureau's website and are available free of charge at the Bureau of Consular Affairs and branch offices of MOFA. In case of any change of this information, please check the website of Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA: www.boca.gov.tw.